- 2 pounds Pineview Farms diced uncooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Northern Lights wild rice
- 2/3 cup Daybreak Mill green lentils
- 1/2 cup Nature's Pasta orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup Cherry and Berry Delights dried sour cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Gravelbourg French mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp Splendour Gardens paprika
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup North Prairie Gold virgin canola oil
In large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook wild rice for 10 minutes.
Add lentils; boil for 20 minutes. Add orzo; cook just until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and transfer to large bowl. Add currants and onion.
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, cumin, mustard, sugar, salt, coriander, turmeric, paprika, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne; whisk in oil. Pour over rice mixture and toss gently.
Let cool; cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)To serve, sprinkle salad with almonds.