- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup Diefenbaker Seed Processor cooked green lentils
- 3 tbsp Floating Gardens fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp Floating Gardens fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger root, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 small hamburger buns
- Yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Combine lamb, lentils, herbs, and spices. Divide into 8 even portions and shape into patties. Set aside.
Mix all ingredients for the yogurt sauce together in a small bowl and place in refrigerator.
Cook the burgers on a preheated grill until they are well cooked throughout. Meat thermometer should read 160°F.
Serve with hamburger buns and yogurt sauce. Add any of your favourite burger toppings.