- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 lb pumpkin flesh, peeled and cut into ½ cubes
- 3 tbsp North Prairie Gold Canola Oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Floating Gardens Thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Floating Gardens chopped parsley
- a pinch of grated nutmeg
- 20 Prairie Infusions dried chanterelles (reconstituted)
- 1 tbsp Notre Dame butter
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Willowcreek Organics pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the pumpkin cover with stock. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spices.
- Once the pumpkin is soft, add to a blender and puree until smooth. Pass through a sieve.
- Pour back into the pot and add the cream. Bring to a boil.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium high heat add the butter, chanterelles, chives and pumpkin seeds.
- Divide soup four bowls. Top with mushroom mixture.
Recipe by: Chef Lynn Crawford