- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Stand Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 pkg (14 g) dried Prairie Infusions Wild Saskatchewan Porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Three Farmers Camelina Oil
- 4 cups (1 L) sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced onions
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced celery
- 1 tsp (2 cloves) M&M Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Floating Gardens thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked Northern Lights Wild Rice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whipping cream (optional)
In heatproof bowl, pour 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water over dried mushrooms; let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Reserving soaking liquid, strain, discarding sediment. Chop porcinis.
In skillet, heat oil and half of the butter over medium-high heat; saute cremini and porcini mushrooms and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt until golden, about 5 minutes.
Add vegetable broth; cook until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute.
In large saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; fry onions, celery, garlic, thyme, pepper and remaining salt, stirring often, until vegetables are very soft, about 10 minutes.
Add reserved soaking liquid, broth and 2 cups (500 mL) water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Stir in mushroom mixture; let cool slightly.
In blender, puree half of the soup; return to pan. Stir in wild rice and cream; bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
Garnish with parmesan cheese.