- 2 cups Daybreak Mills spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Notre Dame butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tbsp Zee-Bee honey, melted
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk
- 1 cup Prairie Berry frozen Saskatoon berries (thawed)
- 1 cup Willow Creek Quick Rolled oats
Preheat oven to 375*F. Combine spelt flour, baking powder cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Rub in the butter using finger tips or a pastry blender. In another bowl, beat the egg with the vanilla, honey and cream. Pour over dry ingredients and lightly mix to form sticky dough. Fold in the Saskatoon berries carefully.
Sprinkle half the oats onto work surface and place the dough on top of them. Flatten down slightly and sprinkle rest of oats on top. Dough should be about 1 inch thick. Cut into rounds with a cutter. Place on parchment lined bake sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Makes 12 scones.