Canadian Prairie Bison (CPB) is a marketing group that evolved from the Bison Feeder Cooperative of Saskatchewan (formed in 2001). In 2008, we established the Coteau Gourmet retail brand, and are the owners of that brand.
CPB focuses on:
- Developing value-added bison products
- Daily operations , sales and marketing
- Alliances with other bison marketers
- Value chain development, from producers through to wholesalers and retailers
- Engaging advisors as needed
CPB has over 200 members from the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Our herds are raised respectfully and humanely, in their natural environment, with no artificial growth or gain enhancers, stimulants or sub-therapeutic antibiotics. Each animal’s origin is verifiable.
The result is the healthiest red meat on the market today.